Monday, February 25, 2013

Coconut Oil Face Wash

With any of the recipes on this page- test a small amount on your skin before applying to make sure you don't have a sensitivity to it!

I know it sounds crazy that I am suggesting that you wash your face with oil but it really works! My skin has never looked so good and I have been doing this for a few months now.  The oils I use in this recipe are all organic, contain bacteria killing elements and anti aging properties! Leaving the skin smooth, youthful and vibrant
I also know this sounds like a lot of ingredients and appears to be really expensive. But I only use natural oils and essential oils or fruits and vegetables for my skin and hair and a little bit goes a long way. I have so much money in the long run not buying lotions and face washes that are expensive and full of chemicals!! It is totally worth the investment and they last for a long time!!!!

Ingredients:
1 cup of organic coconut oil (rinse container under hot water or put in microwave for 10 seconds to soften the oil (but do not melt it completely)

1 tablespoon of organic extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon of jojoba oil (optional)

1/2 teaspoon of vitamin e oil (optional)

1 tablespoon of avocado oil or Sweet Almond oil (optional)

5 drops of lemon essential oil (anti aging and rids skin of brown spots) (optional)

5 drops of tea tree essential oil (optional)

3 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)

mix together with a spoon or a whisk

Directions:
Apply about a quarter size amount of this recipe to your face. Massage in gently. Run a washcloth under hot water (as hot as you can tolerate it) Apply the wash class to your entire face and hold it there for 10 -15 seconds. Rinse the washcloth and squeeze out all the oil. Run it under hot water and apply 2 more times. This opens up all of your pores and really works at healing the skin.

I do this once a day and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment