Thursday, March 14, 2013

Easy remedies for puffy, tired eyes

Sometimes, my eyes can tell you exactly what I am feeling.. especially if I am tired/haven't had a good night sleep!
Here are some quick, inexpensive ways to get rid of puffy eyes and dark circles.

1. Rose Water
Roses are so soothing to the skin! I buy my rose water at Whole Foods  and it is about eight dollars (it also has many other uses, such as facial toner- but I will post something about that next!)
I just soak a cotton pad with the rose water, and let it sit on my eyes for about 2 minutes. Throughout the day, I will spray my eyes with it or just dab it on there. It sooth and refreshes them! Great Remedy!

2. Aloe Vera Juice/ or gel from an aloe plant

Every one knows about Aloe Vera's wonderful soothing properties when it comes to a sunburn. But did you know that it can sooth irritated eyes as well? Just put a little bit of this under your eyes (apply with finger or cotton swab)  and let it sit on your eyes for about ten minutes. Rinse with cool water.

3. Cucumbers
 This is probably the best known remedy for puffy eyes..but it really works! I either juice a cucumber and apply the juice to my eyes a few times a day or I cut slices and let them sit on my eyes for 10-20 minutes!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment